Valar morghulis. Folks, it’s here. The eighth and final season of Game of Thrones premieres tonight and holy shit(!) it’s been a journey. In anticipation and celebration of the final season, nine friends and I decided to participate in a Game of Thrones pool.
It’s almost an exact copy of a pool that Reddit user xsupajesusx AKA ‘Max’ posted earlier this year that made the rounds on the Internet. Take a look at his paper copy below.
As you can see, the object is to successfully predict the fate of each character by the end of the season. Who will live, who will die, and who will become a White Walker.
Here are the official rules of the pool:
- Predict if each character will be alive or dead at the end of season 8. 1 point for each correct answer.
- If you predict the character dead, you have the option to predict if they become a White Walker. Gain one extra point if you correctly predict if they become a White Walker. Lose a point if you predict White Walker status incorrectly.
- Correctly answer Bonus Questions for more points (see below)
There are also a few bonus questions for extra points: is Daenerys pregnant (1 extra point), who kills the Night King (2 extra points), and who holds the throne at the end (4 extra points). Answer correctly and the points are yours.
Everyone essentially starts at zero points. The pool participants are:
- Oliver of House Michigan
- Quinci of House New Hampshire
- Henny of House New Hampshire
- David of House Massachusetts
- Gilbert of House Massachusetts
- Emma of House Massachusetts
- Reilly of House Massachusetts
- John of House Boston
- Kevin of House Philadelphia
- and myself, Nate of House Philadelphia
This article will be updated each week, recapping any deaths that occur in each episode or new theories that may change the outcome of our pool choices. Positions in the pool will also continue to be updated.
My final pool predictions and the answers to the bonus questions are posted below. Also, I have no character predicted to become a White Walker just to hedge my picks.
- Jon Snow: Dead
- Sansa Stark: Alive
- Arya Stark: Dead
- Bran Stark: Dead
- Cersei Lannister: Double Dead
- Jaime Lannister: Dead
- Tyrion Lannister: Alive
- Daenerys Targaryen: Dead
- Yara Greyjoy: Dead
- Theon Greyjoy: Dead
- Melisandre: Dead
- Jorah Mormont: Dead
- The Hound: Dead
- The Mountain: Double TRIPLE Dead
- Samwell Tarly: Alive
- Gilly: Alive
- Baby Sam: Alive
- Lord Varys: Dead
- Brienne of Tarth: Alive
- Davos Seaworth: Alive
- Bronn: Dead
- Podrick Payne: Alive
- Tormund Giantsbane: Alive
- Grey Worm: Dead
- Gendry: Alive
- Beric Dondarrion: Dead
- Euron Greyjoy: Dead
And my bonus question answers:
- Is Daenary’s pregnant? Yes. Because boat sex.
- Who kills the Night King? But Jon Snow, of course.
- Who holds the Iron Throne at the end? Trick question. Nobody holds it, because it gets destroyed.
And there we have it. Stay tuned tomorrow where we recap who lived and who died in the season premiere, and all pool participant’s updated position.